Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Site Announcement!

Yesterday was the big day! I found out where I'll be living for the next two years!

And my site is.....(drum roll pleeeeease)

Lugoj!!! It's a small city of about 50,000 in the west of Romania, just outside Transylvania, in the region known as the Banat. Its an old Hapsburg town, with lots of Bavarian architecture. I'll be teaching in a highschool that has a significant German-speaking population. I know very few details at this point. But, be assured that more details are to follow (I'll visit the city next week)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We Google-world your site location, and it looks like you will love it there. There is a beautiful winding river and it seems that the mountains are not too far away. All things you were interested in exploring.

Anonymous said...

Hi, This is Steve from group 21. I was reading your blog and looking at your pictures and realized you and i have the same gazda. Please tell Vili and Florina that I'm sorry i haven't called, and that I hope he gets better. Enjoy your site visit, and enjoy Romania, it's a great country.

- Steve PCRO 21

Much Success.